PR-IR-Corporate Communications Services —Why Established Companies and Start-Ups Need to Focus on Public Relations..
- Many companies work within a crowded field, and public relations programs enable them to rise above the competition by ensuring that executives speak with the same reporters and influencers as their peers. Being seen in the media can help companies punch above their weight by creating raising awareness and positioning them as thought leaders and innovators; especially in features, trend pieces and other areas of coverage.
- When people look online for a company or firm providing a specific service or product, they usually stick to the first page of search results. Having a portfolio of consistent, quality media coverage often dramatically improves a company’s rankings in these results and leads to higher website traffic and social media interactions. More people visiting corporate websites and interacting with branded social media often leads to increased lead generation.
How does it work?
- Public relations and marketing communications programs raise brand awareness through targeted campaigns that aim to influence a specific audience by positioning company spokespersons as topic experts. Companies serving a very specific niche are often able to demonstrate this knowledge through the strategic use of earned, owned, paid and shared media results across a wide spectrum of outlets and mediums.
- Media relations consultants work with companies and individuals to learn their areas of expertise and gather insights to form cohesive messages intended to produce coverage across television, radio, mainstream newspapers and magazines, trade publications, online videos, podcasts, social media, corporate blogs and more. These results can range from commentary on current trends or breaking news to executive profiles, product launch features, contributed content and even surveys; all of which demonstrate expertise and value when prominently featured on company websites and social media, in sales materials and in newsletters shared with current clients.
Conferences and events
- When planning or participating in a major event, media outreach in support of this effort enables organizers to drive attendance and coverage by raising overall awareness and interest among key demographics and media outlets.
- Consultants also often work with executives to plan speeches and presentations. Often referred to as a “speaker’s bureau,” can range from securing speaking opportunities to writing speeches and putting together presentation decks, and presentation coaching.
How to repurpose media results
- Including media results in sales materials and on company owned social media and websites helps generate sales leads by placing a company’s top experts front and center in reporting on topics of interest to target audiences. Media results should be leveraged across social media because they will reach a captive audience eager to interact with your brand and drive more traffic to the article. Higher traffic raises an article’s rank in Google, also for links embedded throughout, and will continue raising mindshare long after the interview airs or the article is published.
- The more an audience sees your company talking on television and commenting in major publications, the higher the chances are they will want to learn more about your company or firm and catalyze them to call or email sales staff or start following branded online social media accounts sharing insights from a wide variety of mediums.
Who, Where, How, Why and Where Our Public Relations Experts Add Value
Our team of experts has decades of experience spanning finance, newsrooms, public relations and more. Having sat on all three sides of the equation, our team understands your needs and objectives and can effectively communicate your value proposition to target audiences by leveraging our media and influencer relationships across the globe.
- Public companies, those about to go public, those who are considering an initial public offering and those engaged in a Testing the Waters initiative to raise capital via a Reg D private offering can leverage the knowledge of our in-house investor relations experts, enabling a coordination of efforts and more effective promotion of company activities and expertise.
- Investor Relations Initiatives. Whether promoting a ‘testing the waters’ campaign or communicating with existing investors, companies of every profile that have or are aiming at investors can learn more about Prospectus LLC corporate communication services via this link.